Wednesday 12 May 2010

Tracks and Deadlines!


I noticed recently that I kept mentioning, after having been on holiday, that I was now back on track. I was mainly referring to catching up with those tedious tasks that I am paid to perform each day so that I have an income. But I became aware that I was using the same phrase repeatedly - which means only one thing to me - it is time to check out what I have been saying.

Getting back on track infers that there is a direction in which I am travelling, and that the delightful holiday that I had enjoyed had somehow taken me 'off track'. I have no desire to make that my reality. I would far prefer to see the daily grind (and yes, I notice the word - will investigate that another time) as being 'off track' and perceive my holidays and travelling as the main direction. From today - getting back on track will mean going off on another adventure - not getting up to date with statutory forms and deadlines. The only deadlines I wish to acknowledge are the ones that require me to be at a specific airport for the flight to my next adventure!

No comments: